Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year

I've been meaning to post for a few weeks now.  I get something on my mind and think "I need to blog" then I just don't.  So much has been happening.  Jon had his first orchestra concert.  I was very impressed.  When they played their first warm up notes, I got a little teary.  Jon is enjoying orchestra but has been talking about changing to band next year.  Whatever he's interested in and makes him happy is fine with me.

We've been going to a lot of basketball games and Jon has been a "ball boy" at some of the women's games.  This means he gets to sit courtside and mop up sweat when the players fall.  He's really having fun with it.  Last night it was obvious why it's so fun for him.  He's about 3 feet away from the Aggie Dance team.  LOTS of booty shaking in his face.  NOOOOOOO!  He's definitely starting to notice girls.  I'm not ready for this.

Jess is still Jess.  WAAAYYYY obsessed with all sports.  We're signing both boys up for Upward's Spring soccer.


Christmas was good.  We always stress about what to get the boys, are we getting enough for the boys etc.  In the end we do what we can and they love it.  We traveled back to Nacogdoches to see family.  I was able to have lunch with a good friend and that was nice.  I miss having someone to hang out with.

So 2010 is gone and 2011 has arrived.  This past year really tested me.  I know the tests aren't over.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you! Wish I were closer to hang out with you! :)

    ReplyDelete