Monday, November 8, 2010

Football, prayers and dirt in hidden places

My weekend was full of football.  Jess played his flag football game early Saturday morning.  It was nice and cold outside which makes football even better.  I get such kick out of watching him play.  He's SOOOOOO into the game.  He messes around like most kids his age in an organized sport, but he's also become the team motivator.  He'll walk around patting the other boys on the back, giving little pep talks and at times, organizing an impromptu huddle.  I also love hearing the people around me giggle at his "Yeah baby!" when the team makes a good play or a touchdown.  That's MY crazy football fanatic.  He's awesome to watch.  Things may change in a few years and he could become the next great concert pianist, but right now I believe he's found his calling.

Moving on to Aggie football.  What an AMAZING game.  Jon, Jess and I screamed so loud the first couple of minutes that Grant had to yell at us to get us to calm down.  "The neighbors are going to call the police!" were his exact words.  HAHAHA!  It was a great game and it was so fun to watch with the boys.

We've started a "Share and Prayer" time at home.  Thanks to the Howells for the idea.  Each night when the boys are in bed, Grant and I sit down with them and we each share one favorite moment from our day, one thing we are thankful for then we each take a turn to say a prayer.  Lately the prayers have been for healing of Pawpaw's cancer and fast recovery for Aunt Lala's knee surgery.  I know I'm supposed to have my eyes closed when I listen to the boys pray but sometimes I just love watching Jess's facial expressions.  Last night's prayer was thanking Jesus for a good day at church, all the Operation Christmas Child boxes the kids packed, Pawpaw and going outside to play during children's choir.  Now, I picked them up a little early from choir and Jess's class had just gone out to the playground and I TOTALLY messed up his play time.  So to his "thanks for going outside to play" he threw in "even though I didn't get to play long, but that's okay!"  I had to bite the inside of my lip to keep from laughing at him.  As he's wrapping up his prayer, I guess he ran out of things to thank Jesus for so he hurridly said "and thank you for radio, sattelite and windows".  AMEN!

Dirt in hidden places.  I was eating an English muffin at my desk and a small crumb landed in my keyboard.  As I picked up the keyboard to shake the crumb out, I see lots of icky dusty, dirty stuff under my keyboard.  Maybe I need to pick it up every once in a while to see what's lurking under there.

No comments:

Post a Comment