Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankfulness

Nothing new to report at this time.  I have some developing information but I cannot divulge it yet.  I have been out of town for the past two weeks and have not been able to act on the information I have, but I will be talking to my source very soon.  Remain hopeful.    

This is the latest information from the Texas Ranger investigating Laura's case.  Short, sweet and positive.  I have kind of come to terms with the fact that nothing may happen in her case, so won't it be a wonderful surprise when justice is done?!

Thanksgiving is next week so we're mapping out our family visiting strategies.  There are lots of people to see and not enough time.  This year will be emotional to say the least.  It will be the first without my sister.  No matter where she was she was always there for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I have such regrets that the last time I saw her was last Christmas and it was stressful to say the least.  It was always a little stressful being around her because she could be eratic a lot of the time, but last year was bad.  I had to shut myself off from her emotionally and I don't think I said 5 words to her.  If I had known that would be the last time we'd see each other, would I still have been so harsh?

My father-in-law has cancer.  He says the doctor says it's in the early stages and moving slowly so they aren't doing treatment right now.  It's scary not really knowing what's going on.  For so long, John has been like a father to me when I didn't have a father.  And to get this news so close to the death of my sister was an emotional whammy.

So this year, I have to be thankful.  I am thankful that I have my family.  I am thankful that I have a good job in a time where a lot of people don't.  I am thankful that I am free to believe in God and to worship him without fear of persecution.  I am THANKFUL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment