Monday, November 22, 2010

H-O-L-I-D-A-Y Let's celebrate!!

Two day work week for me and I couldn't be more excited.  I'm taking off Wednesday to spend some time with my boys.  Pies will be made, suitcases will be packed and hopefully there will be a fun trip to U Paint It.  Jess has never been so he'll be excited.  Both boys have Christmas gifts to get so I thought they could paint something and give it.  Adds a personal touch.

Last night we had our Thanksgiving dinner with our church family.  Both Jon and Jess's childrens choirs sang.  Jess was really into it which surprised me.  He's changed a lot since VBS this past summer.  He was supposed to get on stage with his group and sing for the closing ceremonies but he wasn't having it.  Last night he got up there and just sang his little heart out.  Jon on the other hand...  All the kids in his choir looked like they were being tortured.  At least Jon mouthed all the words.  He cracks me up!  I did get him to smile a couple of times.  So proud of him.  Watching him up there I realized how he looks so much older to me these days.  He's a pre-teen!  Where did the time go?

Wednesday we head home to Nacogdoches for a few days.  I am really excited to spend all day Thanksgiving day, with my mom and sister.  Food will be made, tears will be shed and I'm sure Michelle will have something to say about my hair or clothes.  It will be awesome!  We'll have Thanksgiving with Grant's family on Saturday in Mexia.  Uncle Jess can't travel so we're taking Thanksgiving to him.  I'm looking forward to spending time with the in-laws.  Last time I saw them was the week of my sister's funeral and we didn't have much time to visit.  I am planning to make the most of this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment